As a Nigerian student or a student who studies in Nigeria. It is important that you take notice of scholarships that will be of help to your studies. And one of those scholarships is The Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria in 2020. If you’re not aware of this Scholarship, they stick to this article to find out all you need to know about this scholarship. This content will aid you with all the information you need as regards to Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria, and the Federal Scholarship Board balance the decimation of the scholarships.
Core content focus includes:
- About the Federal Scholarship Board
- Brief Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria 2020 Description
- Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria General Eligibility Requirements
- Scholarship Benefits
- Application Guidelines
- Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria 2020 Application Closing Date
About the Federal Scholarship Board
The federal scholarship board creates regular master plans for a balanced and efficient use of local and foreign scholarships and awarding grants to Nigerian Undergraduate and postgraduate students. Sometimes this can include consultation with state governments, foreign ministries and other relevant agencies and bodies.
The federal scholarship board is also responsible for the implementation of the federal government’s policies and local and foreign scholarship programs for deserving scholars from Nigeria.
Federal scholarship board is also responsible for the implementation of the Federal Government’s commitments to the bilateral education agreement (BEA) and the multilateral agreement (Commonwealth) on fellowships and scholarships to Nigeria.
They are responsible for the implementation of the President’s Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and the NYSC EX Corps grant.
They are responsible for the Collection, publication, compilation, analysis and dissemination of data and other information on student affairs, scholarships and grants awarded in Nigeria.
Federal scholarship board is responsible for monitoring the activities of federal government scientists in domestic and foreign higher education institutions.
Federal scholarship board advice and coordinate of the state scholarship policy and programs through annual meetings of the coordination committee of the secretaries of the federal and state scholarship councils.
THE FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIP BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Nigerian Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
Brief Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria 2020 Description
The Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate is Under Nigerian Award, and covered by the Federal Government scholarship scheme. This Scholarship is Tenable in Nigerian Universities or other Tertiary Institutions. This scholarship has with it Postgraduate (PG) Award, Undergraduate (UG) Award, Higher National Diploma (HND) Award and National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
This Scholarship is offered by the Federal Government of Nigeria and can only be used yo study in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
Eligible Study Level/Field
The scholarship is open to students in Science and Technology, Medicine and Para-medicals, Science Subjects with Education, Arts and other Subjects with Education, Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences, Law, HND (Science and Technology), NCE. All levels of tertiary education in Nigeria are eligible, including ND, HND and NCE
The Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students is open to Nigerians and tenable in Nigerian Universities and other Tertiary Institutions
Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria General Eligibility Requirements
Postgraduate Scholarship Requirements
All students applying for postgraduate scholarship should have a first class or 2nd class Upper in their first degree.
Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
All applicants applying for undergraduate scholarship should be in the 2nd year or above and should have 4.0 C.G.P.A or above on a 5 point Scale or its equivalent in the previous academic years examinations results
HND Scholarship Requirements
All students whilo are applying for this Scholarship should have 3.5 CGPA (Upper Credit Pass) or above at ND level. The Award will Covers HND 1 & HND II
NCE Scholarship Requirements
The scholarship is for 2nd and 3rd year of NCE. Candidates must have 3.5 CGPA score or more on 5 point scale in the previous examinations results.
- The Graduate Scholarship is worth N150, 000 per annum
- The Graduate Scholarship is worth N180, 000 per annum
- The HND Scholarship is worth N100, 000 per annum
- The NCE Scholarship is worth N100, 000 per annum
The official application form for the Federal Government scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students is completed online, and applicant are expected to go through the instruction before filling out the online form.
Applicants should feel the online version of the scholarship application form and submit it online first.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the official federal scholarship board website
- Click on the application centre
- Register through creating a username and password, they will receive a link of validation on the email box
- Click on the link
- Login find and click the Nigerian award tab
- Study the requirements and instructions and continue to print completed application form and
- Bring the copy to the Interview centre
Applicants should take note that only completed application forms and duly submitted online would be accepted at the interview venue
Some other documents to be submitted online with the application form includes:
- Admission Letter to the institution you are studying.
- Course Registration
- Identity Card
- Last sessional results
- One passport photograph
Form submitted after the closing date or uncompleted forms, including forms submitted without other required documents would not be considered.
Documents to be submitted at the exam venue:
- Printed Application form
- Copy of Educational certificates (do not submit the original copies)
- Admission Letters to the institution you currently studying
- Copy of Current Level Course Registration form
- Copy of Last session result
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport photographs.
Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigeria 2020 Application Closing Date
There is no official closing date for the scholarship. Applicants are advised to apply at the end of a particular study session.
The scholarship is awarded at the beginning of each session.
We Also Recommend:
- Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program (Vanier CGS) 2020-2021
- 10 Scholarships for Black Women 2020
- 10 Fully funded Scholarships for International students 2020-2021
- Merit Based Scholarships for Domestic and International Students 2020
- UNICAF Scholarship 2020-2021