This article contains information on how to record a meeting on Microsoft Teams.
Stay Informed Group is primarily focused on providing information that will help students and just bout anyone Stay informed with the latest trends in education, scholarships and opportunities in the tech space.
Therefore, we have thought it wise to provide information about recording a meeting on Microsoft teams
In the past year and a half, teleconferencing has changed from a futuristic concept to reality. Educational institutions and businesses rely on video conferencing applications such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet to survive the pandemic.
Even if the situation returns to normal, some organizations are still looking for as many ways to integrate remote work as possible.
If you want to improve meeting efficiency, Microsoft Teams can record your meeting. This is helpful when you want to review what was discussed in the meeting or help those who cannot attend the meeting and let them quickly understand the topic of the discussion.
In this article, we will help you understand how recording a meeting on Teams works and how to start using it in a meeting.
Who Can Record a Meeting on Microsoft Teams?
If you meet the following requirements, you can use recorded meetings on Microsoft Teams:
You are either the organiser of the meeting or a member of the meeting organizer’s organization. External participants from other organizations cannot record meetings on Teams.
You have any of the licenses –listed below:
Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, E5, F3, A1, A3, A5, Business Premium, M365 Business, or Business Essentials.
These are important as free users cannot record meetings on Microsoft Teams.
The record option of this meeting is enabled by your IT administrator.
When you meet the above conditions, you can start or stop recording in Microsoft Teams.
Who can see that the a Recording is going on a Meeting on Microsoft Teams?
When you start recording a meeting on Microsoft Teams, all the participants of the meeting will receive a notification stating that their reaction is being recorded and transcribed.
Participants will be able to see this notification on any device they use Teams, including the Microsoft Teams desktop client, the Microsoft Teams app on Android and iOS, and the Microsoft Teams web app.
Even participants who joined the meeting by dialling in can hear the notification when the meeting is recorded.
Before starting to record and transcribe their conversation, be sure to get the consent of everyone involved in the meeting. Some places require you to legally ask the permission of everyone before recording the meeting.
Also Read: How to use Google Meet in Google Classroom
Things to keep in mind you record a aeeting on Microsoft Teams
Things to note before you start recording
Before you start recording a meeting you are attending, it is important to understand the following:
- All the meetings you record will be sent to your organization’s OneDrive and SharePoint so that you can share them securely throughout your organization.
- The organizer or participant cannot record the same meeting multiple times. This means that two people from the same meeting cannot record the meeting. After the recording is over, the recorded file will be sent to the cloud for use by all conference participants.
- When you start recording a meeting, if your organization’s IT administrator allows it, real-time transcription will also be automatically enabled. You can view the transcription during and after the meeting.
- If you are a member of the channel where the meeting was recorded, it will always be visible in the meeting chat or channel conversation.
- By default, all participants in the meeting can directly access the recording.
- External participants and guests will not be able to access the meeting recording unless it is shared with them.
- When recording starts, if the person who started the recording has ended the recording session or everyone involved in the meeting has left, the recording will stop.
- Even if the person who started the recording has left the meeting, the meeting recording will continue.
- The recording can last up to 4 hours. This means that if you are in a long meeting, you should complete the discussion or recreate a new recording within 4 hours.
- When you start recording and someone forgets to leave the meeting, the recording will stop after 4 hours.
- If the conference host participant has a specific compliant recording policy, the recording policy will be adjusted according to the person’s policy, even if they are from different organizations.
How to Record a Meeting on Microsoft Teams
How to start recording a meeting on Microsoft Teams
After confirming that the above requirements are met, you can easily start recording meetings on Microsoft Teams. To do this, enter the meeting you are attending, and then click the three-dot button next to the other meeting controls at the top.
When you see a drop-down menu, select the option that says “Start Recording”.
This will begin your recording session and every other participant in the meeting will be sent a notification
How to Stop recording a meeting
After the meeting recording starts, you can end the meeting at any time during the meeting by clicking the three-dot icon at the top of the meeting screen and then selecting the “Stop Recording” option from the drop-down menu.
After the recording stops, the recorded file will be processed and sent to your organisation OneDrive of your organisation and SharePoint for you and other people in your organization to view.
After processing the recording, it will be available for viewing, the person who started the recording will receive a notification about the recording via email, and the recording will also be visible in the meeting chat or channel conversation where the recording was recorded.
Where do you find the file of the Recorded Meeting on Microsoft Teams?
Not everything Microsoft Teams does is as simple as Zoom or Google Meet.
Teams use two different services to store and organize their recordings-SharePoint is used for recordings initiated in Channels, and OneDrive is used for recordings completed in private chats.
If you want to know where to view and share the recordings you started in Teams meetings, you can check out the post in the link below.
We have tried to explain the things you need to know about How to Record a Meeting on Microsoft Teams.
We decided to put this article together as we believe that it will be of help to the majority of people out knowing how important it is to have a meeting recorded so that reference can be made when needed.