If you are an international student from any country of the world or even from Canada, you stand a chance of being offered the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program 2020 which was established in 2008 the Canadian Government. The program is basically meant to attract doctoral students who are world-class students by offering them a reasonable financial award to help them take on their doctoral studies in any University in Canada.
Why is the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program Offered?
The Canadian government launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program (Vanier CGS) in 2008 to improve Canada’s ability to attract and retain top graduate students, and to make Canada a global center of excellence and university. Vanier Fellows have leadership skills and a high level of academic achievement in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and / or engineering and health sciences.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program (Vanier CGS) is managed by the Vanier Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) on behalf of the three federal concession agencies in Canada. The secretariat is located in the Canadian Institutes for Health Research.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) are administered by the Canadian institution where the doctoral student holds the scholarship. Vanier Scholars should consult Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide on the regulations for the use of Vanier CGS funds.
The institution that has appointed the Vanier CGV scholar is where the student must study. If the Vanier scholarship holder wishes to study in another institution, he must reject or cancel the Vanier CGV. The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program (Vanier CGS) encourages you to promote your success as a Vanier Scholar.
Brief Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2020 Description
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program abbreviated and popularly known as Vanier CGS was established to attract and retain world-class international doctoral students and to project Canada as a global center of excellence in all research and higher learning.
The Vanier Canada Graduate scholarship program are awarded towards a doctoral degree, or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD.
All Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation are eligible.
Without exception, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is tenable only at the considered eligible Canadian institutions that submitted the nomination.
Eligible Study Level/Field
The Vanier Canada graduation scholarship PhD programmes or combined MA/PhD or MD or PhD in health research; natural sciences or engineering research; including social sciences or humanities research
The scholarship is open to all Canadian citizens, including permanent residents of Canada and international students are eligible to be considered for a Vanier CGS.
General Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for a the Vanier Canada graduation Scholarship program you must:
- be nominated for consideration by one Canadian institution, which have received a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program quota;
- must be seeking a doctoral degree for the first time, including joint undergraduate or graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, JD/PhD, DVM/PhD, if it has a significant research component.
Be aware that only the PhD portion of combined degree is eligible for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship funding;
- must intend to obtain, in the academic year following the announcement of results, a full-time doctoral, or a joint graduate programme such as: MD/PhD, JD/PhD, DVM/PhD studies and research at the eligible nominating institution.
Note that the only portion to be awarded this Scholarship is the PhD portion of a combined degree;
- must not have completed above 20 months of doctoral level studies as of May 1, 2020
- must have obtained a first cass average, as determined by the institution where you studied, in each of the last 2 years of full time study or equivalent.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the institution to know its definition of a first class average.
- and applicants must not have held, or hold, a doctoral scholarship or fellowship from any of these institutions CIHR, or SSHRC NSERC. to undertake a doctoral degree.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2020 is worth $50,000 per year for three Consecutive years.
Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
Applicants must be nominated by a recognised Canadian Institution with a quota at which they wish to study. Applicants cannot be able to apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are done in one of two ways.
Either the interested students inform the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution of their intention to apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program OR the particular institution initiates the process by contacting the candidate.
Applications are prepared and done by the student and also submitted to the institution nomination them by their internal deadline through the the ResearchNet application system.
The nominating institution will now forward the recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat by 6 November 2019.
It is considered utmost important to visit the official website to see more about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2020 application and obtain other information needed.
Application Closing Dates And Time Table
The application closing date for this scholarship always fall before 6 Nov 2019 (annual)
|July – November 2019||Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit an application package.|
|Internal Deadline (varies)||Deadline to submit an application to the nominating institution. Contact the nominating institution for a specific date.|
|November 6, 2019 (20:00 ET)||Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.|
|November 2019 – March 2020||Review and evaluation of nominations.|
|Early April 2020||Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|May 1, 2020, September 1, 2020 or January 1, 2021||Payments begin.|
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
We Also Recommend:
- 10 PhD scholarships in India for Indians and international students 2020
- 10 Fully funded Scholarships for International students 2020-2021
- Agbami Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2019/2020
- 10 Scholarships in Canada for African students/International Students 2020-2021
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for ADB Member Countries and Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific 2020/2021
- 10 PhD Scholarships in china for International Students 2020-2021
Leave a Reply