If you are looking for a school with an average acceptance rate, tuition and scholarships consider Columbia School of Social Work (CSSW).
CSSW as it’s popularly known is one of the Ivy League affiliation graduate schools that offer one of the best education in social work.
Its prowess and recognition are widespread and its rankings speak for its credibility.
In this article, we have come up with details on all you need to know about the Columbia School of Social Work.
We have carefully considered all the details that will aid you to make a choice and getting admitted into CSSW.
Also in this post, we have given you insight into the tuition of different programs of study at the school of social work.
All you have to do to get to the information you seek is to sit tight and get informed!!!
About Columbia School of Social Work
- Location: Amsterdam Avenue and 122nd Street in New York City
The Columbia University of Social Work is a graduate school affiliated with Columbia University.
This school began to award a Master of Science degree in 1898.
Currently, the Columbia School of Social Work is one of the biggest social work institutions in the United States with a student enrollment of over 900.
Since its inception in 1902, its array of accomplishments and advancements has helped utilize human well-being to its highest maximum.
Also, CSSW is one of those colleges that has built cutting edge, rigorous, and abiding dedication to social justice.
Columbia School of Social Work has technologically advanced classrooms, seminars, and conference rooms.
Her 50-seat computer lab; role-play rooms; and a 7,000-square-foot library are some of the outstanding qualities of the university.
Why Study In Columbia School of Social Work?
Before we talk about the Columbia School of Social Work Acceptance Rate, we want to let you know why studying in this graduate school is a good option.
- CSSW develops professional leaders in social work practice and research.
- There are a wide array of programs, opportunities and support options for students in CSSW.
- Also at CSSW, students gain access to professors whose scientific research is setting the pace for generating new knowledge about social work issues and problems.
- Furthermore, Columbia School of Social Work furnishes graduate students for professional and advanced social work practice.
- You can be sure that you will get advanced knowledge for effective social work practice and education at CSSW.
Columbia School of Social Work is a place of effective learning and professionalism.
Distinctively, students do not have a problem studying at CSSW.
Also Read: 25 Short Term Courses With High Salary
What Are the Admission Requirements at Columbia School of Social Work?
Many students desire to study at Columbia School of Social Work regardless of the acceptance rate.
To make it into the institution, you need to have the right requirements as well as be eligible.
Kindly note that the admission requirements will differ depending on the program you’re applying for.
Some of the requirements to get into CSSW according to the program include;
CSSW MSW Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Academic record suggesting the ability to excel at graduate-level study.
- A serious commitment to the profession of social work
- Ability to meet the demands of professional training. This they vet through your internships and life experiences.
- TOEFL score of 100 or higher; IELTS Band of 7.0 or higher; Duolingo English Test score of 120 or higher. (For non English speakers)
Keep in mind that GRE scores are not required.
PhD of Social Work Requirements
- Completion of a minimum of 49.5 credits.
- Students must complete 30 credits within the Columbia University system
- 18 credits of the above must be attained within the School of Social Work.
Columbia School of Social Work Rankings
Just like any other school of repute, CSSW is one of the schools in New York City that is not just said to be a great school, its rankings have shown that the Columbia School of Social Work is a renowned school.
Here’s a breakdown of CSSW ranking performance across websites:
- usnews.com: #3 Best School for Social Work by
- Social Work Degree Center’s Guide to Social Work Education: #1 Best Online Social Work Degree Programs
- Social Work Degree Center’s Guide to Social Work Education: #2 Best International School Work Degree Programs
What Majors Are Offered At Columbia School of Social Work?
The Columbia School of Social Work offers majorly graduate programs because it’s a graduate school.
Also, they have incorporated opportunities for licensed social workers to earn continuing education credits.
However, note that each of these programs at Columbia School of Social Work has a different Acceptance Rate.
The majors at CSSW include:
- MSW Program
- Continuing education
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Social Work
What Is Columbia School of Social Work’s Acceptance Rate?
Columbia School of Social Work Acceptance Rate is undisclosed at the time of writing this article.
However, the acceptance rate at its University affiliation which is Columbia University is 55%.
What this means is that admission into the school of Social Work is quite very competitive.
What is the Admission Application Deadline at CSSW?
For spring term (January) admission
- Available program options: 16-month Program (on-campus only); Extended and Reduced Residency Programs (on-campus & online).
- Application deadline is on October 15 of the preceding year.
For fall term (September) admission
- Available program options: Two-Year, Advanced Standing, Extended, Transfer, and Reduced Residency Programs (on-campus & online) and the International Program (on-campus only).
- Application deadline is on December 1 (priority deadline) and February 15 (Final deadline) of the preceding year
Frequently Asked Questions About Columbia School of Social Work Acceptance Rate
Can I Study In CSSW As An International Student?
Yes, international students can study at the Columbia School of Social Work.
All you have to do is to enrol in the International Students Program (ISP).
This program is designed for international students who are pursuing higher degrees in social work but are unfamiliar with the U.S. social welfare system.
How Much Does It Cost To Study In Columbia School of Social Work?
Columbia School of Social Work Tuition differs according to the program.
Full-time MSW students pay a flat tuition rate of $25,400 per semester. However, part-time students pay $1,692 per credit.
Also, tuition charges for students in the 5-term ISP are estimated to be $21,270 each for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 terms.
Students in the Advanced Standing Program will be charged $10,152 for the Summer 2022 term.
PhD students registered for 9 or more credit hours in a term will be charged $26,070 and those registered between 3 and 8 credit hours in a term will be charged $14,120.
Can I Study Online At Columbia School of Social Work?
Yes, you can study Columbia School of Social Work online as long as you are eligible and Yiu passed the acceptance rate.
In fact, the school is among the top five social work schools to offer our MSW degree online and the first and only Ivy League school to do so.
Are There Available Scholarships At Columbia School of Social Work?
Columbia School of Social Work grants every student access to quality education irrespective of his or her financial capabilities.
All students of CSSW have access to financial aid options to the following financial Aids;
- Federal Work-Study
- Private educational loan
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
Some of the available scholarships at CSSW include;
- Competitive awards
- Need-Based Scholarships at CSSW
- Myrna I. Lewis Endowed Scholarship
- Helen Lehman Buttenwieser Scholarship
- Columbia-Wide Graduate Student Funding
- Ethel Lucas Mathiasen Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Powell Scholarship to Promote Social Responsibility
Most of these scholarships at CSSW range between $5,000 to $20,000.
Also Read: 15 Best Schools For Pre Med 2022
CSSW awards several competitive scholarships and fellowships for students who are entering their final or advanced year of study.
Eligible candidates will be invited to apply via an email from the Office of Financial Aid.
Award recipients are generally notified by the start of the fall term.
Paige E. Cook Jr. Fellowship
Awarded on the basis of academic excellence; preference is given to those with a career interest and work experience in substance use, the world of work, men’s issues, and cross-cultural issues in clinical practice.
This is one of the Columbia School of Social Work Scholarships.
Benjamin and Agnes Louard Fellowship
Awarded based on academic excellence and leadership potential; preference is given to full-time students who are committed to employment in the public, the voluntary nonprofit sector, or in local grassroots groups serving primarily, but not restricted to, an African-American population.
Overbrook Fellowship for Advanced Study in Clinical Social Work
Awarded on the basis of leadership potential; preference is given to those pursuing clinical social work.
Mae L. Wien Prize in Family Planning, Counseling, and Population Control
Awarded for academic excellence; preference is given to those pursuing careers in family planning, counselling, and population control.
Fisher Cummings Washington Fellows Program
This fellows program provides an enriching educational and professional experience for final year Policy Practice students who aspire to be leaders in social policy, administration, and community practice at the national level.
Columbia-Wide Graduate Student Funding
Columbia University offers other sources of funding to graduate students, including language-study stipends and research-based fellowships or grants.
In addition to those listed below, the CSSW Office of Financial Aid will notify students via email when other University-sponsored funding opportunities become available.
Institute for the Study of Human Rights
The Human Rights Essay Contest and Colloquium aim to encourage and acknowledge students who have written exceptional academic papers that address issues related to human rights.
School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)
The International Fellows Program at the School of International and Public Affairs is a two-semester seminar open to students of all graduate degree programs at Columbia University.
All fellows receive a stipend and study an international affairs curriculum. Weekly meetings of the International Fellows Program are supplemented by study trips to Washington, D.C., and the United Nations.
Weatherhead East Asia Institute (WEAI)
WEAI offers summer and academic year funding for graduate and professional school students who have language and/or research interests in Asia.
Institute of Latin American Studies (ILAS)
In affiliation with the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), ILAS provides grants, scholarships, and fellowships to Columbia University graduate students with language and/or research interests in Latin America.
For instance, the Lemann Foundation Interschool Fellowship provides financial assistance to master’s students with a commitment to addressing crucial development challenges facing Brazil, such as public health and education.
Columbia School of Social Work offers students the most rewarding experience.
Regardless of the CSSW acceptance rate, most students still make it in spite of its competitiveness.
Ensure you have all the requirements to apply for the program you want to apply for.
Do well to visit the school’s website for more details about Columbia School of Social Work Acceptance Rate.
- Northwestern Engineering Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition 2022
- NYU Tisch Undergraduate Acceptance Rate, SAT, GPA, Alumni 2022
- NYU Tisch Undergraduate Acceptance Rate, SAT, GPA, Alumni 2022
- The University of Oxford Acceptance Rate in 2022 | A Comprehensive Guide
- 11 Medical Schools with High Acceptance Rates in 2022