If you are the kind of person who loves word games and wants to play an interesting word game, then you need to play Wordle. This is a game that pushes you to be creative as you are expected to make use of the grid of letters given to you to create words.
This game rewards you with more points when you create longer words. You can choose to play against other players over the internet or you can set your time to play against the clock. When you play against the clock, you should strive to create as many words as possible before your time elapses.
You can choose any level you think suits you as provisions have been made for all skill levels.
What is Wordle?
From what we have discussed in the first part of this article, I can say that this question has been answered, but we will still provide more information about this game in a bid to make sure that this article is comprehensive.
Wordle is an everyday word game developed by Josh Wardle. The founder of this game (Josh Wardle) is a software engineer based in Brooklyn.
Every day, people on the Internet are faced with a new word problem that can only be solved – or not! and the game provides clues of a series of processes of elimination.
How does Wordle work?
If you are wondering how the Wordle game works; here’s how it works: When you visit the Wordle website, the first thing that pops up is a 5 x 6 grid of empty boxes. Each cell can contain a letter, all you need to do is choose a different letter that will form a 5-letter meaningful word and then press Enter.
There are no clues ahead, so any five-letter word can be used as a starting guess. This is where the Wordle game really begins. When you submit your guess, the cell for each letter will change colour.
- If the letter turns green then it means that the letter has been placed in the right place and it is in the daily word
- If the letter turns yellow; this means that the letter is in the daily word but you have placed it in the wrong place
- If the field is greyed out; this means that none of the letters in the daily word
- The site offers new visitors a simple explanatory graphic that shows everything clearly.
How to play Wordle as an app on iPhone and iPad
On your iPhone or iPad, open the Safari browser or any other browser like Chrome. The next thing you need to do is to open https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html (This will open the official web page of the Wordle game)
You will see a prompt on your screen that will ask you to “play in the New York Times Games app”. Click on it and it will take you to another page.
On the next page, you see a button labelled OPEN under a sentence that says “Save my place in the app. A link will be copied to continue to this page”. Click on Open. It will take you to the app store where you will download the NYT Game app to play Wordle as an app.
You can now find the Wordle icon on your device’s home screen.
How to play Wordle as an app on Android
This process of playing Wordle as an app on Android takes the same process as on iPhone and iPad. All you need to do is go to https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html using your Android device. And follow the same process we explained on iPhone and iPad. The only difference is that it will take you to the Google play store while if you are making use of your iPhone it will take you to Apply Apple Store.
How to use the newly created Wordle application
If you have downloaded the NYT Game app either on your iOS device or your Android all you need to do anytime you want to play the game is to locate the app on your device and open it. The game will be loaded as available for that day. If you have played a game for a day, wait until a new game is available to reset the day.
How to play Wordle anywhere
Were you playing from the installed app, on the web, or via a shortcut you saved, the steps below will work for you.
Below are the steps you need to follow to play the Wardle game.
- Open the NYT Game app you installed following the steps we explained above, or you can go to the official web address https://wordlewebsite.com/ (If you want to play on the web) or you can open the web app shortcut which you have saved.
- The Wordle Rulesets window appears. After reading the rules, close the rules window to continue playing.
- An empty 5 x 6 grid appears. On each line, start writing the word from the top. A new trial starts on the next line.
- Type any 5-letter common word on the keyboard and press Enter. Each letter of your word is highlighted (green, yellow, and grey) with a corresponding key on your keyboard. These tips will help you guess more 5-letter words. Leave the green letters in place, move the yellow letters to their new positions, and then switch back to green while avoiding the grey letters. You can only guess 6 times
- if you’re guessing the words correctly, you will notice that the entire row will turn to green. After you have finished, the word “impressive will be displayed on your screen. And this means that you have completed the game for the day.
- if you want to play more, then you have to wait for the game to reset for the day.
An important tip when playing Wordle
You should know that to play Wordle you need to know common words. You do need to go for difficult words – your first word should be simple and contain very common letters (do not overuse plural forms)
Try to make use of vowels more.
Choosing standard 5-letter words that match the requirements will help you start strong and will be of help in the long run. Don’t be drawn into the temptation of copying letters. If you get stuck at some points, you can visit sites that offer word lists to get yourself at the top of your game again
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for a Student
- Top 10 Writing Apps For Android To Better Students Lot
- The 6 Best Note-Taking Apps for iPad | Download App Now!!!
- Among Us in School 2022: How Students Can Benefit Greatly From the Most Popular Game Right Now
- Apple Student Discount & Codes | Get 15% off Plus Official Codes