Are you looking for how to create or get a free one.Edu Email address or account? Do you want to know what a free .edu account or educational Email Address is?
The .edu domain extension has always been reserved for educational institutions. As a result, most universities and colleges in the United States use it.
What this means is that you can only create an Edu Email account can only be created for you by your US University or college.
However, by the end of this article, you will know how to get your.edu email account. Inclusively, we have stated the requirements you need to pay and get a free .edu email account.
Also, knowing how relevant the .edu email account is, we have put together a step-by-step article to help get a free .edu email address.
If this is what you hope to find, this article is an all-inclusive guide!!!
Let’s get started!!!
What Is A .edu Email Account?
Just like the name signifies an Edu Email Address is an educational email address. .Edu Email is the short term for Educational Email. That’s the kind of email you need to run your scholarly projects.
Categorically, a .edu email account is a public email address that universities, colleges, or schools offer to its students, staff and employees.
The majority of people who have an Edu Email account are in any of the United States universities and colleges. An Edu Email account is needed for a free flow of communication between students, faculty, and college and university administrators.
Who Needs a .edu Email Address?
Every tertiary student studying in an abroad institution must be familiar with the.edu email account. The .edu email is solely for students who are US citizens.
Can a Non-U.S Scholar Get an Educational Email?
Yes, a non-USA student can get a free.edu email account without being enrolled in school.
All you have to do is to generate a free .edu email address, such as email@example.com.
The steps below will help you get that.
If you are a college student and you want to learn how you can email your professor and get a reply; we have written an article on How To Email A Professor. Check it out.
Where Can I Get a .Edu Email Address?
Majorly all Edu Emails are provided by the United States schools or universities to their admitted students.
Often it is only students who have gotten admission into US Schools that can get a free.edu email address.
Can I Get Edu Emails For Free?
Yes, you can an Edu Email for free.
As long as you’re a student of a US school, Edu email accounts are offered to you for free.
How Do I Identify a .edu Email Address?
A .Edu Email Account comes in the same way as other email addresses such as Gmail or Hotmail. Usually, it looks this way “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
However, if you are a student of Cambridge University your new student email address will be email@example.com.
Why Do I Need a .edu Email Address?
Without a doubt, an Edu Email is very useful if you’re an academic. Some do not find it as important because they do not come to terms with the benefits it presents.
However, here are a few reasons why you need an Education Email address;
- An Edu Email has a lot of exposure in the digital market space.
- Through this email, its bearers can qualify or obtain a lot of discounts and offers in many places.
- Also, .Edu Emailers can get a free copy of Microsoft Office Student Edition, free Amazon Prime membership, and the ability to send up to 15000 emails every month without charge.
- Also, .Edu email account owners can save money during their course of study.
- Another great advantage of the Edu email address is that it can help you when applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Also, you can earn large discounts or sometimes free goods when you make purchases using your edu email address.
I bet some of the owners of Educational Email Addresses do not know they can use them.Edu Email account to earn such benefits.
Now you know, it’s ideal you utilize.
What are the Benefits of an Edu Email Account?
As we earlier established, the Edu email address comes with many discounts and free goods. Below are some of the sites and organizations where you can get free goods using your .edu email account;
#1. Microsoft Office.
Students and Teachers can get substantial savings on many products as well as a large option of free software for students who have an Edu email account.
Here’s how you can get access to the free goods on Microsoft Office;
- Visit the Microsoft Office website.
- Fill out the form with your .edu email address.
- Select a student or teacher’s account depending on your status and enter your information.
- Also, input the verification code that was supplied to your email address.
- And you’re done.
#2. G Suite Education Account.
Via the G Suite Education Account, students can get special benefits from Google. Signing up for the G Suite Education Account gets you 5TB of storage if you have an Edu email account.
With this storage space, you can store photographs, movies, ebooks, and other files without worrying about running out of space.
However, you can only access this storage space with the webmail access to your email account that your university grants you.
Another benefit of the .edu email account is the free software licenses you get from Autodesk. To get this access, you have to follow these steps;
- Create an account on the Autodesk website (www.autodesk.com) using your.edu email address.
- Fill in your details as required on the website.
- After this, Autodesk will send you a confirmation email to show you have completed your registration allowing you to download the free program.
- You can now download the free software and licensing.
If you find it difficult to remember your passwords, you use your Edu email to leverage on the password manager browser: LastPass.
LastPass is a password manager and browser extension designed to encrypt all of your information with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Interestingly, using your .edu email address, you can get a free 6-month premium account but first, you need to create an account with the website.
#5. Amazon Prime
Students who have an Edu Email address can enjoy a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime which includes a two-day no shipping fee and delivery of some items.
Besides that, you can get special college discounts, save up to 90% on textbooks and a 6-month free subscription to Amazon Prime Video.
All you have to do is create an account using your.edu email address. However, you need a credit card to enjoy these offers.
Other benefits of an educational email account include those offered by OneDrive and Web Hosting.
At this point, you must be wondering how to create your own .edu email address. The next section enlightens you on that and also how you can get a free .edu email address.
Also Read: How to use Google Meet in Google Classroom
How Do I Create A .edu Email Account for Free in 2024?
Just before we get you started on how to get a free educational email address, let’s take you through the requirements you need for the process.
Requirements to Create a .Edu Email Account.
Here are what you need to get started on this process;
- An SSN.
- U.S. identity.
- A U.S address.
Steps to Create a .Edu Email Account
With the above requirements provided, you are one step ahead of creating your educational email account. Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit https://home.cccapply.org/
- Click on “new account.”
- Once it’s open, click on “Begin creating an account.”
- Choose a college and then apply.
- Carefully fill out the form with the details required. Here’s what you’re going to fill;
- First and last name
- Your real .edu email
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Current address, city-state (use VPNs)
- Zip Code.
- High school information (select any school)
- High school graduation year
- Educational goal (select any option)
- Enrollment information:
- Field of interest
- Degree/ certificate
- Academic term
- Note: select an option from the given choices in the above three categories.
- Account information:
- Password hint
- Click on “Create Account.”
Legal name (enter your name from a fake name generator site). However, leave the “Other names” column blank.
- Phone and address
- When did you move to your current address? (mention date of birth)
- Country of Residence (select any option)
- Email address (enter the same as on the previous page)
- US Social Security Number
- Citizenship status (select yes)
- Date of birth (same as on the previous page)
- Ethnic background (leave it blank)
- Race (select white- can also choose more than one option)
- Additional information
- Student’s employee status
- Father’s educational level
- Mother’s educational level
- Is English your only language?
- Military status (yes or no)
- Emergency contact (leave it blank)
- Click on “Save” and “Continue.”
- Most recent high school attended (click “add school” to enter the school name in accordance with your state)
- Add your state name as per your address, and select the Country United States of America. Next, click Search
- Select any school from the ones on the search results
- Other information (leave blank)
- Date earned (enter a date)
- College information (select no)
- “Save” and “Continue.”
- What is your educational goal? (select: I plan to earn a college associate degree).
- Select any field of interest option.
- Also, select any degree/ certificate option.
- Select your academic term (select fall)
- “Save” and “Continue.”
- Disciplinary history:
- Have you been reprimanded for misconduct in the last four years? (choose NO)
- Challenge questions:
- Fill in all of the blanks on this page and jot down your replies.
- Write your name (same as mentioned previously)
- “Save” and “Continue.”
- Get registered for your .edu email account which will take about 1 to 2 working days. Usually, your edu email will look thus firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a secure 8-digit numerical password.
- Log in to your.edu email account by entering your login and password at https://mail.student.yourinstitutename.edu/.
- And with that done, you have your free.edu email address.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Create A .edu Email Account Free.
What is a Fake Address Generator?
How Do I Create a Social Security Number (SSN) and a US address?
If you’re a resident of the United States of America, you will have to provide an SSN and address during the application.
What you have to do if you don’t have this information is to go to Google and search for a Random Address Generator.
With that, you will be given a phone number and email address.
Where Can I Use My.edu Email To Log In?
Where to use your.edu email account is dependent on the the.edu email service provider or educational institute.
How Can I Set Up An .edu Email Address?
- Visit fortscott.edu website.
- Fill in the blanks as required in the post.
- And your .edu email is set up.
Is It Possible For Homeschoolers to Receive a .edu Email Address?
Not at all. Only students and officials of colleges can get a .edu email address.
By following the step-by-step instructions we have outlined on how to get a free.edu email account, you can get your .edu email for free.
However, we will not be held responsible if you provide a fake SSN and other documents. We do recommend these steps for residents of the USA.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please let us know in the comments section below.
- Glowpedia.com: Top 10 free benefits of an edu email account
- Ascholarship.com: Guide to Create .edu Email Account for Free: Get a Free .edu Email ID
- Kiiky.com: How To Create A .edu Email Account For Free