Applications and other necessary papers are currently been submitted for the Rhodes Scholarships at The Oxford University for International Students 2020-2021, people who meet Rhodes scholarship eligibility requirements, and who would be interested are advised to waste no time and apply for this Rhodes scholarship in UK as soon as possible.
The basic tenure of the Rhodes scholarship in UK is 2 years, subject continuously, and in the least times, to satisfactory and exceptional performance good conduct conduct.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW CONCERNING RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Until now, the Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 different countries).
- This year, over one hundred Rhodes Scholarships are on supply and 2 new global Scholarships enable eligible candidates from the remainder of the globe to be appointed by their University.
- General info on the preparation of global UK Rhodes Scholarship applications in addition as commonly asked queries, and eligibility requirements is found here keep reading.
Brief Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford 2020 Description
The Rhodes Scholarships system is a postgraduate awards supporting exceptional students from round the world to advance their learning at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes recognised as the the oldest and maybe the most prestigious international scholarship programme compared to others round world.
Scholarships are awarded in in not less than 20 Rhodes constituencies(64 completely different countries) round the World.
Rhodes Board as stated in the Rhodes scholarship eligibilty requirements, are searching for academics and social leaders of outstanding intellect and character, and motivated to entangle with with international challenges, committed to the service of others, and show promise of turning into value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.
The Committees that are responsible for the selection are looking for the following:
• academic excellence (e.g. First Class Honours or GPA of minimum 3.7 out of 4.0, or equivalent).
- energy to use your abilities to to the most of it (as shown by mastery in areas like sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- courage, devotion, truth to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, fellowship, kindliness, and unselfishness.
- the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human being
All scholarships are taken in Oxford University in the UK.
The Rhodes Scholarship, named after the Anglo-South African mining magnate and politician Cecil John Rhodes, Established in 1902, which aims to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world’s future. It is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarship is run by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom.
Eligible Study Level/Field
The scholarship is available for a full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford to any course of choice of study.
Rhodes Scholarship is accepting applications from Students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Republic of Namibia and Swaziland), United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
General Rhodes Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The following Rhodes scholarship requirements apply to any or all candidates for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: every Candidate should fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements and needs of the Rhodes system for which they’re applying.
Please check the elaborate info rigorously via the country links.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and and also from a minimum limit of age of 18 to a most of 28 by one the 1st October of the year following The candidate selection .
In most constituencies, the limit of acceptance as regards to the candidate is 24 or 25 years of age.
Please check diligently the precise age required for your constituency before applying.
Successful candidates are expected to arrive in Oxford the October following the selection Process and method .
The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Education: All candidates should have achieved reasonable academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the the month of October following the election.
Standings in academics should be high enough to make sure you get admitted to the University of Oxford, which has a significantly competitive entry requirements and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent.
Some constituencies would require an undergraduate degree to been taken in the Particular constituency of application.
Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford UK Benefits
This scholarships in covers all University fees, be it a college or sorts, is also covers a personal stipend including one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, it also covers economy flight back to the home country of the student at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
Application Closing Date for the Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford in UK
Submissions for Rhodes Scholarships is opened throughout the summer and spring of the year before entry to Oxford, for example, Summer 2019 applications would be for entry to Oxford in 2020
- 15 May 2020 university nomination opens
- 30 June 2020 nomination ends
- 31 August 2020 application ends
- October 2020 shortlisting and interviews starts
- November 2020 is the final selection date
- Early January 2021 deadline for application for Oxfords
- Late September 2021 commencement of studies
Note: The scholarship application deadline for countries that started applying in June is normally September 30 yearly, while it is October 31 for countries who started applying in July. therefore, you have a total of three months to start and complete your Rhodes scholarship application. However, due to the current pandemic, Covid-19, The Rhodes Trust will slightly modify their selection period. Remote interviews would be adopted for the final interview and the required technologies would be used to manage the the interview. This implies that the final interview may be conducted via face call online.
Application Guidelines for the Rhodes Scholarships at University Oxford and FAQ
As stated in Rhodes scholarship eligibility requirements; we are young people who are outstanding in their chosen field, with the ambition and drive to be future leaders in society. The selection criteria for nominees are:
literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)energy to use one’s abilities to the fullest (as shown by mastery in areas like sports, music, debate, dance, theater, and artistic pursuits, particularly where togetherness, cooperation, team work, is the pursuit.
A Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed once a candidate who is successful has been offered an admission at the University of Oxford.
Please note that any student you nominate must have an outstanding academic record to reach the University of Oxford’s admission criteria.
The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from gifted youngsters of various backgrounds.
Selection done by the the board is based ob leadership qualities and other social involvement of the individual, but things like race, nationality re not considered
The nomination form can be found here.
The form should be well filled out once per candidate, including a nomination letter from the institution.
There is also Guidance for Nomination available which should be read ahead of completing the nomination form. After receiving the nominations, we will send the nominees an email with an invitation to apply and details on how to access the application portal.
In principle, any University may nominate a young person who fulfills the eligibility criteria. Please note that applicants must meet the entry requirements for their chosen course of graduate study at the University of Oxford, i.e. they must be academically excellent.
Hope this content was helpful. do well to leave us a comment via the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible