If you are interested in applying for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 then this article will be of help to you.
We have discussed everything you need to know about the application process, selection process, eligibility requirements, application deadlines of this scholarship. All you need to do is carefully read this article to the end and we wish you a successful application.
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is open to member developing countries of the World Bank. This scholarship allows multi-disciplinary and master-level courses taught in American universities, African universities and Japanese universities, to develop related subject areas. The deadline for the scholarship is May 21, 2022.
After completing the degree, students who benefitted from the scholarship must return to their country of origin to use their new skills and help their country to improve social and economic development.
Brief Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 description
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is directed toward students who are citizens of a developing country. The applicants must have relevant experience at the professional level and must have a track record of supporting their country of origin to develop in strategic areas. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be applied for a development-related masters degree course at the masters level.
JJWBGSP provides scholarships for 48 participating course of study in universities in the United States, Japan Europe, Africa and Oceania. These areas of studies cover key development areas such as tax policy, infrastructure management and economic policy management.
Students from world bank member developing countries are eligible for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022. The countries listed below are the ones considered for these scholars. Therefore, if you from any of these countries, and you wish to apply for this scholarship, then you can go ahead and apply.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Arab Rep, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haití, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia,
Also Read: List of Japan Scholarships
General Eligibility Requirements for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a member country of the World Bank on the list;
- Do not hold dual citizenship in any developed country;
- Applicants must be in good health;
- Hold a degree at the bachelor’s level (or equivalent) obtained at least 3 years before the application deadline;
- After obtaining a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), applicants must have recently 3 years or more of development-related work experience;
- When submitting the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 application, the applicant should be employed in full-time paid work related to development. Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and obtained at least 3 years of paid development-related work in the past 6 years from the date of the application deadline.
- On or before the application deadline of the scholarship, the applicant must have been admitted to study not lee than one JJ/WBGSP masters degree program located outside the applicant’s country of nationality (except for funding). The admission letter must be uploaded before submitting the application for the scholarship.
- Applicant must not be an executive director of the World Bank Group; his/her alternate and/or any type of appointed staff or close relatives of the above-mentioned persons. The term “close relative” is defined as mother, father, brother, half brother, sister, half-sister, son, daughter, aunt, nephew or uncle, niece
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 Benefits
The JJWBGSP scholarship beneficiaries will get tuition fees, monthly living allowance, round-trip air ticket, travel allowance and health insurance.
Please note that the JJ/WBGSP scholarship will cover the duration of graduate courses or you will have to receive the scholarship for just two years, whichever is shorter.
Applicants can apply for one of the eligible participating program of the scholarship to be considered for the award. You need to be in a masters study program that is eligible for the scholarship to be considered for the scholarship.
Note: Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 application will start on March 2022, and the application deadline is May 21, 2022. The 2022 application guide includes: (i) instructions and requirements for submitting the application, the eligibility criteria that the applicant must meet; the selection process is provided in the complete list of the Application Guidelines, FAQs, and JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs. Currently offering a master’s degree.
Inquiries about how to submit an application for admission to the participating program should be submitted to the appropriate university. All JJ/WBG applicants need to obtain an unconditional admission notice to an eligible program of study to be eligible to apply.
Once you have familiarized yourself with the application process and eligibility requirements, please click HERE to start your application process. You can read up the Accessing your online application and Navigating your online application to be able to understand everything you need about the online application
JJ/WBGSP make use of the process below to review eligible scholarship applications from nationals of developing countries, with the purpose of identifying candidates who have the greatest potential to influence the development of their country after completing graduate studies.
Two qualified evaluators independently will review each application considered to be eligible and give a score the application on a scale from 1 to 10 based on the four main factors and the degree of cohesion between them:
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP secretariat will make use of the average score of two reviewers and the criteria listed below to choose the finalists:
- Maintain a reasonable and wide geographical awards distribution
- Maintain a reasonable distribution of gender awards
- Abnormal situations/difficulties in assessing the employment experience including other aspects of the application;
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 are provided to applicants who cannot obtain financial resources for overseas postgraduate study under other conditions.
- The JJWBGSP secretariat submits the finalists participating in the program scholarship to the JJ/WBG steering committee (composed of members of the World Bank board of directors and World Bank management) for approval. The winners will be notified soon after approval by the JJWBG steering committee
Applications Closing Date
To obtain the JJ/WBGSP scholarship, applicants are required to apply for admission and get accepted into at least one participating program. Applications for the scholarship should be submitted online before May 21, 2022. In your application, you need to upload an unconditional acceptance letter from the master’s degree program you have been admitted to.
Deadline: 21 May 2021 (annual)
- Animation in Japan: 15 Animation Schools in Japan
- Best Countries to Study Abroad in Asia 2021
- How to Apply for a Canadian Study Permit and Visa
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for International Students 2021