If you are looking for a fully-funded scholarship as a master’s degree student then you may consider the Erasmus Mundus scholarship program for masters open to any student around the world. You will also discover some of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship requirements
This is a very buoyant scholarship and domestic and international students who meet the criteria can apply and win the fully-funded scholarship.
In this article, we have discussed everything about the scholarship ranging from an overview of what the scholarship is all about and the eligibility criteria necessary for any applicant for the scholarship.
You need to read this article to the end if you are going to understand how to get into this scholarship program including how to apply and be considered for the scholarship opportunity.
We have explained the eligibility requirements for the scholarship and the master’s fields of studies eligible for the award.
We have also discussed in detail the scholarship deadlines and application closing dates so that you will know the deadline for the application and make sure you submit your application before the closing date.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship for masters open to domestic and international students has more than one application closing date as some students coming from specific countries have a different deadline and other students coming from European and other selected countries have a unique application closing date.
Continue Reading to discover every other thing you need to know about the scholarship and other important things that may be necessary for any other scholarship application process.
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for Masters?
The Erasmus program is one of the most popular study abroad programs in Europe, if not the most popular. There are many options for students to choose from and one of the most popular is the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD).
EMJMD is offered jointly by an international consortium of higher education institutions and is a prestigious, integrated, and international study program. The aim is to strengthen academic cooperation between the EU and the rest of the world through internationalization and student collaboration, staff programs, and research.
The scholarship award covers participation costs including tuition fees and compulsory insurance, travel costs up to €3000 a year, a settlement cost (€ 3000/year), and a monthly allowance of € 1000 /month for all current scholarship holders.
Brief Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Description
Scholarship applications for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the year are now open. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, funded by the European Union, is only awarded to students from EU countries and third countries who have been selected to participate in one of the joint Erasmus Mundus programs at the masters or doctorate level.
The European Union’s Erasmus Mundus online pharmacy program aims to improve the quality of higher education through scholarships and academic cooperation between the EU and the rest of the world.
The program offers full-time scholarships and /or fellowships that cover monthly scholarships, participation fees, travel expenses, and student insurance. The amount of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship can vary depending on the level of study, length of study, and nationality of the scholarship holder (scholarships for non-European students are higher than for European students).
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program is run by all European universities/institutions participating in the approved Erasmus Mundus Action Joint Programmes.
Eligible Study Level/Field
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship for masters is a very huge scholarship program that is open to a wide range of fields of study.
No field of study is specifically excluded from the programme, but the only level of study that is eligible to apply to the scholarship is a master’s degree in an accredited field of study.
Generally Eligibility Requirements for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Interested students from all over the world can apply for a full scholarship via an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD). Academics and visiting professors can also participate.
To qualify for a scholarship, students must first have secured a place in the study program (unconditional or conditional).
You will be considered eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Category A scholarship if you meet the conditions below:
- You are a citizen of a third country.
- You do not live in one of the 27 EU member states, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway
- You have not carried out your main activity (private visits, tourism, study, work, etc.) for more than 12 months in the past five years in one of the 27 member states of the European Union, in Iceland, Norway or the past five years in Liechtenstein.
- You haven’t applied for more than 3 Erasmus Mundus Masters courses.
You are considered eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Category B scholarship if you meet the requirements below:
- You are a student from Europe
- You are a non-European student but do not meet the requirements for Category A.
- In all The Erasmus Mundus scholarship program is open to all students from EU and non-EU member states considering the category A and B all encapsulating
Scholarship Benefits of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021
The Erasmus Mundus grant includes:
- The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is very buoyant and winners of the scholarship board receive contributions to their participation in the EMJMD study program
- The contribution will be made towards tuition fees, all the mandatory costs related to the students’ studies and full insurance coverage.
- The recipient of the award would also be given contributions towards travel and other installation costs.
- They will also receive a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of their EMJMD study program on a monthly basis.
Application Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021 guidelines
Students should consult the EMJMD online catalogue and contact the consortium which will provide the Master with further information on application procedures and courses.
Every summer a new batch of selected EMJMD is added to the list. Most consortia require that applications be submitted between October and January for courses starting in the following academic year.
The deadline for applying for Erasmus Mundus scholarships in 2021 ended on Friday, January 8th.
You can still apply as a self-funded student.
Application deadlines as a self-financed student (all tracks except Track D, which is now closed):
- International applicants (outside the EU) can still apply until July 23, 2021.
- Home / EU applicants are still allowed to apply until August 27, 2021.
- University of Melbourne Scholarships for international Students 2021
- US University Application Deadline for International Students 2021
- How to Adapt to Online Learning: Tips for Students
- MBA in Australia for International Students – Scholarships, Cost, Requirements