If you are an international student from any country of the world and you are studying a development related postgraduate course, DAAD Scholarships is an opportunity for you. DAAD scholarships in Germany for Development is offered on a yearly basis for international students in Germany. DAAD scholarships for international students studying in any German institution is offered for postgraduate level. this content will help you with the DAAD scholarship 2020 deadline and other important information you need.
This article is about all the information you need concerning DAAD postgraduate scholarship for students in development related courses including all you need to know about the application process
Brief DAAD scholarships in Germany for Development Description
The DAAD scholarship is a popular scholarship system that have been offering free study opportunities to domestic and international student for a good number of years now.
The DAAD Scholarship system provides scholarships in German Universities for international students for a variety of postgraduate courses.
They aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Eligible Study Level/Field
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine, Public Health, Education Law, media Studies and Social Sciences
The DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses is an international scholarship open to young professionals from developing countries of the world.
DAAD scholarships in Germany for Development General Eligibility Requirements
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and
- projects with concentration on development policies having an effect on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a closely related subject.
- Has completed a study degree with results higher than average results (upper third) and ideally a minimum of 2 years of related professional or work experience after first bachelor).
- His/her acquired degrees in academics should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a german language course that’d last for 6 months): passing the language examination successfully DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the beginning of the study course.
- Therefore a minimum level of B1 German language at the time of application is required, and needs to be proofed by providing German language certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 for paper based, 213 for computer based, 80 for net based)
The award encompass a payments of €750 for graduates students and a whooping €1,000 for doctoral students; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are completely taken care of by the country or another platform of funding.
The scholarship period is made to be 12 to 24 months (depending on the actual institution), and a maximum of 36 months for Ph.D.
Application Guidelines for DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development
Applications is to be submitted directly to the individual course.
Please you need to refer to the respective course websites for the procedure of application, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted.
Deadline varies but would depend on the course. It most times falls around August to October 2019.
Application Closing Date | DAAD scholarship 2020 deadline
Aug-Oct 2020 (annual) is the application period for the DAAD scholarship in Germany for Development, or DAAD scholarship 2020 deadline
You can go through some of other content on our website discover some other rolling scholarship, including some other open scholarships that you could be eligible for.
for more information and application. Visit the Scholarship official web page
Hope this article provided you with the information you need concerning the DAAD scholarship.
You can go through some of other content on our website discover some other open scholarships that you could be eligible for. And also drop your comment in the comment section below and tell us the kind of Opportunity you need and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Do Scholarships Count as Income?
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance 2020
- Scholarships For Online Learning in Cyber Security
- List of Indian Scholarships in 2020
- Postgraduate Education: Types, Eligibility & Application Process