DAAD scholarships for masters students in public policy and good governance are underway and interested international students are advised to start submitting their applications and necessary documents for consideration. Read this article to the end to understand all you need to know about DAAD Master’s scholarships and how to go about the application process.
Brief DAAD Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Description
The DAAD Scholarships for Masters students in Public Policy and Good Governance degree Programme offers very good graduates from underdeveloped and developing countries the opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree in fields and disciplines that are of special and significant relevance for the social, economic and political development of their home country at any German institutions of higher education.
The scholarships opportunities are awarded for a good number of Master courses at any eligible German institution
Eligible Study Level/Field
The scholarships opportunities are awarded for a good number of Master courses at any of the German institution of tertiary education listed below:
- Hertie School of Governance
- Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- University of Duisburg-Essen:
- MA Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy
- University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg:
- Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- Hochschule Osnabrück:
- Management in Non-Profit Organisations
- University of Osnabrück:
- Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
- University of Passau
- Master of Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam
- Master of Public Management (MPM)
The courses selected have an international orientation and these courses are taught in German and/or English.
The scholarship opportunity is open to candidates from Africa, North/Central America, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia including countries from countries in the Middle East.
DAAD Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance General Eligibility Requirements
The DAAD Masters Scholarships targets very well all round qualified graduates with a first university degree be it a second degree, who leaves the want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The DAAD Masters Scholarships are to be offered both for young graduates without professional or work experience and for mid-career professionals with work experience.
The main criteria for DAAD Masters Scholarships selection criteria are: the study results, the individual’s knowledge of English, and German, the applicant’s engagements in politics and social activities, a good description of the subject-related, including personal motivation for the project of study in Germany and the benefit expected after the return to the home country.
The latest degree obtained by the individual should have been obtained within the 6 years before the application for the DAAD Masters Scholarships. Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months will not be considered.
All Master courses except public policy and good Governance have further additional requirements that should be met by the applicants in any case.
- DAAD Masters Scholarships holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme University are free from paying tuition fees.
- Each month DAAD pays 850 € to the beneficiary. The scholarship award also includes a reasonable contributions to Covering health insurance in Germany, including appropriate travel allowance, the candidate would always study and research subsidy and rent subsidies or allowances for spouses and children where applicable.
- Just before their study programs, all scholarship beneficiaries receive about 6- months-German language course which starts officially from April 2021 to September 2021.
DAAD Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Application Guidelines
- You are expected to submit your applications for the chosen masters courses and the DAAD Masters Scholarships to the respective universities only.
- You must indicate that it is DAAD Helmut-Schmidtv Programme that you’re applying for (DAAD Masters Scholarships).
- The period of application at all 8 universities for DAAD Masters Scholarships lasts from 1 June – 31 July.
Application Closing Date
Application starts 1st of June and ends on the 31st of July 2020 (annual)
Below is the Official Scholarship Link, where you can get more information about the scholarship, or apply.