This blog post has all the information you need about Certified Ethical Hacker Certification. You will learn what to expect from this course, who should take this exam and why, an overview of the exam, its requirements, the areas it covers, and what resources to use. Let’s dive in!
The Certified Ethical Hacker certification is the first step in a series of three courses that cover a lot of ground. The other two are ECSA and APT, which teach you how to test for vulnerabilities. CEH mostly focuses on specialty areas in the Protect and Defend job profile from NIST and NICE.
In fact, the CEH course is the most comprehensive certification for ethical hacking that will teach you everything you need to know about hacking. By getting your CEH certification, you will be able to check network ecosystems in a systematic way and find security holes that you can use to take advantage of your environment. At the end of the course, you’ll know how to evaluate the security of infrastructure and figure out if anyone could get in without permission.
What does the phrase “ethical hacking” mean?
When you hear the term “ethical hacker,” what is the first thing that comes to mind? Is it a bad thing to say that someone would take your information? The phrase might sound like an oxymoron, but it refers to someone who is supposed to protect your device and personal information and fight “unethical” hacking. The International Council of E-commerce Consultants came up with the term (EC-Council).
So, the Council came up with the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification to train people to think like hackers in a crisis. With the certificate, professionals can use their hacking knowledge and methods in a legal and authentic way.
It’s interesting that as new tech ideas and methods come out, the chance of breaking down a network wall also goes up. There is always the worry that someone in the crowd will break through the walls and mess up your system. If you are an IT professional with the right attitude and are thinking about getting the CEH certification, you can open the door to a salary of up to USD 83000. Not kidding!
What will the CEH exam teach you?
The Certified Ethical Hacker gives you detailed information about the phases of ethical hacking, attack vectors, and countermeasures to help you avoid problems. You will learn what it’s like to be a hacker and how to act like one. The course teaches you how to build and defend your own network fort. Aside from this, here are some other good things about taking the Certified Ethical Hacker test.
- You will start to think and act like a hacker, but with the right attitude. By getting your CEH certification, you can get inside the mind of a cyber attacker and learn how they work. You also learn skills and get better at things that help you be proactive about security issues and be ready for anything that unethical hackers throw at you.
- Learn about the Advanced Information Security pathway and think about it as a possible career path. The CEH certification teaches you the basics of network security and makes them very clear. This will help you find new career opportunities and update your portfolio.
- You can easily access risks, threats, weaknesses, solutions, and tips. Technology and threats go together like apples and oranges. More privacy attacks and information theft will happen as network infrastructure gets more advanced.
- Cybercriminals are the most up-to-date and skilled people in society, which is strange. They are always up-to-date and aware of the latest changes in technology, and they improve their skills right away. With the Certified Ethical Hacker certification, you’ll be able to both recognise attacks and fix security holes.
Who is eligible for the CEH Exam?
The most important part of the Certified Ethical Hacker exam is learning how to think. You will act like a hacker, but you will follow the law. You will learn to keep your network ecosystem’s tricks to yourself and not use them for your own gain. Aside from that, like every other certification course, this one is meant for a certain group of people.
- InfoSec Administrator or Analyst
- InfoSec Officer
- InfoSec Manager
- Information Security Engineer
- IT Auditor
- Risk/Threat Analyst
- System/Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
This certification is exactly what you need. In addition to this, do you want to work in any of the following fields?
- Cybersecurity Audit
- IT Security Administration
- Systems Security Administration
- Cyber defense Assessment
- White hat hacking
- Security Consultant
- Penetration Engineer
- Solutions Architect
- Security Compliance
All you need is this CEH certification!
Why you should sit for the CEH Exam?
Not only are ethical hacking and penetration testing hot jobs in almost every industry, from IT to fintech, but ethical hacking is also becoming a skill that everyone needs to have. It also makes your security resume look better. You get to learn everything there is to know about hacking, cybercrime, and security. Also, you should think about getting CEH certification because:
- CEH is the only globally recognised course that teaches all five phases of ethical hacking and all the signs that can be used to find weaknesses.
- The frameworks put out by the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence are used in the CEH course.
- You will get hands-on experience with network assessments that are being built and are being tested for vulnerabilities.
- It will help you get started if you want to work for the Department of Defense (DoD), which needs people with Information Assurance skills to handle sensitive data and network security.
- You will learn everything you need to know about:
1. Making sure systems and information are safe
2. Find and fix other hacking problems
3. Take charge of network evaluations
4. Make and teach people about security
Last but not least, ethical hacking is the hardest job out there right now. CEH certification will not only boost your salary, but it will also provide you job security.
Being a Certified Ethical Hacker is the best way to stand out from the crowd because you will gain skills that the industry and society as a whole need right now. And it’s clear that there aren’t enough white-hat hackers to meet the demand. So there is a big institutional gap, which gives you a lot of room to grow as an ethical hacker and move your career forward.
But wait! Before you jump to the benefits, you need to get ready by thinking about information security strategically and having some tricks up your sleeve. 101labs has a full training programme, study materials, and practice tests to help you get good at ethical hacking.
So, get started on your path to becoming a Certified Ethical Hacker and help your people protect their fort.