The British Chevening Scholarships 2020/2021 is fully at its swing, and the information embedded here will help the eligible international students find out all the British Chevening Scholarship Requirements and how to apply. International students are welcome to apply.The British Government scholarship is awarded to international students studying at any Chevening University, and has a proven leadership and a very strong academic background. This content also encompasses the eligible Chevening Scholarship Courses.
The scholarship helps to provide support for master’s degree students at UK universities. And it also offers them the opportunity to become one of the influential global network of about 50000 alumni.
The British Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 is a fully funded scholarship that allows l the beneficiary to focus on achieving academic goals while solving the financial problem of the student. The beneficiary will leave and study in the UK for one year.
The available slots accommodate about $1800 who have already received study admission in a Chevening University – UK university
Brief Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 Data
The Chevening Scholarship Program is an a recognised international award programme offered by the British Government for the aim of training world leaders.
The programme offers awards to academicalky talented scholars with leadership potential – around the world to take part in a master’s degree program at any UK university.
Chevening Scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) together with other partner organizations. Generally, there are two types of Chevening awards:
- Chevening Scholarships and
- Chevening fellowships
The winners of any of these Chevening awards are personally chosen by British embassies and high commissions around the world.
Why the British Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021?
The scholarship program has been spotted to create a network of policy makers and influencers with a positive disposition towards UK and it’s universities.
And this partnership help to build bonds between the FCO the partner organisation. And this expanded Chevening alumni network. It was made known that this alumini network has more than 50000 thousand illumina around the globe.
Annually as stated the British Government sponsors and awards the British Chevening scholarships and fellowships to more than 1,500 qualified international students to study in UK.
You can also be one of it’s beneficiaries today.
The scholarship hosted in UK Universities. Therefore it is to be taken in any UK university.
Therefore if you are searching for any of the following:
- Chevening scholarships Kenya
- Chevening scholarships India
- Chevening scholarships UK
- Chevening scholarships for Afghanistan
- Chevening scholarships Pakistan
- Chevening scholarships Uganda
- Chevening scholarships Ghana
- Chevening scholarships Nigeria etc
It is important that you note the fact that you must be studying in a UK University
Eligible Study Level/Field
The British Chevening scholarship is offered for a Full-time taught Master’s Degree Programme. It can be taken in any field of study
You can follow the link below to find eligible master’s degree programmes at every university across the UK. https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/find-a-course/
The group of people who are considered to be legible for the British government scholarship can be found in the official website.
The official website is found at the Scholarship Link section of the content.
Cheevening Scholarship 2020/2021 General Eligibility Requirements
To become an eligible British Chevening Scholar you should meet Chevening Scholarship requirements,which includes:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country – find out eligible countries here
- At the end of your study with the scholarship, you must return to your home country for at least two years
- You must have a bachelor’s degree that qualifies you for a postgraduate degree from a UK university.
- This usually should be equivalent to a 2: 1 second-class degree or more in the UK.
- Have at least a two year of work experience.
- Then, apply for 3 different eligible university courses in the UK and receive an offer of admission from at least one of the 3 by July 13, 2020.
- Also meet the English Language requirements of Chevening by July 13, 2020
Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 Benefits
The British Chevening Scholarship is worth £18,000 ($21,800).
This will cover:
payment of tuition fees
- Travel to and from your home country by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- A grant for the expense of preparation of your thesis or dissertation (if it is required)
- An excess baggage allowance
- The cost of an entry visa requirement – application for you only
- A personal monthly living allowance to cover accommodation and other living expenses.
- The monthly living allowance will depend on whether or not you are studying inside or outside London.
- It is currently £917 each month if you’re outside London and £1134 each month month if you’re inside London – it subject subject to an annual review).
Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 Application Guidelines
It is important to know that the British Chevening Scholarship can only be applied using the official Chevening Scholarship login portal. After you might have gone through the scholarship information and found out that you meet Chevening Scholarship requirements all you need to do is to proceed to the official website and apply.
There is no provision for offline application. Ignore any such information – the application form can be accessed and submitted online.
Therefore, Students who want to apply for the British Chevening scholarships 2020 can do so via the official Chevening scholarship login portals made available below:
Chevening Scholarships Required Documents
If you applied for this Chevening scholarship program before the deadline, but have not yet submitted your English language test results or your unconditional university offer, you must upload them to your application by July 2019.
Use the ‘upload application documents’ button on top to upload each of them.
Please note that it is only the documents in PDF format may be uploaded and documents can’t be over 5MB in size.
If you’re eventually or conditionally chosen for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
English Language Requirements
For you to receive a British Chevening Scholarship, all applicants should show that they have fulfilled the Chevening Scholarship English language requirement by 12 July 2019.
We advise all candidates to make sure they have fulfilled English Lang. Requirementsas early as attainable by either:
Taking an English language test
Claiming exemption that is based on the exempt categories of UKVI
If you fail to demonstrate that you simplyhave met the desired English language level by The 12th of July 2019 or fail to prove you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
English language tests
You are allowed to take tests over once so as to fulfill the Chevening English languagedemand.
Please note that Chevening doesn’t pay money for costs related to English language testing.
You are liable for booking and paying for costs related to these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test should be taken from one among these providers on or after 1 October 2016.
If you already do not have an existing test certificate, it is considered your responsibility to make sure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
Candidates aren’t allowed to take on pre-sessional courses for them to meet the Chevening English language demand.
You need to take take one of the approved English language tests unless you represent one of the exempt categories.
Applicants won’t be allowed to register in pre-sessional courses to satisfy their chosen university’s English language requirement or any other conditions the university provide.
Any offer from an institution with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course are going to be considered conditional.
Application Closing Date
Applications for The British Chevening Scholarships 2020/2021 are open from 12:00 BST 6 August 2019 to 12:00 GMT 6 November 2019.
Applications are also ongoing for some Chevening Fellowships.
As we’ve carefully stated in the Scholarship requirements and application procedure – the application can only be done online through the official website below.
Countries that have English language exemptions in Chevening Scholarship Application?
Applicants who from any of the these countries are exempted from submitting an English language test for a Chevening Scholarship requirements.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- the United States of America, and
- British Overseas Territories.
We Also Recommend:
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application, Samples / Guidelines 2020
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for ADB Member Countries and Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific 2020/2021
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students 2020/2021
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2020
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students 2020/2021