Are you an international and you have heard of the AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 and you wish to apply for this prestigious award open to students at different levels of graduate and postgraduate levels of studies? then this article will be your best lug in understand all the vital information about this award including the eligibility requirements, application guidelines, application closing dates and more.
AAUW (American Association of University Women) offers fellowships at the internal level to women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States for full-time study or research in the United States. The award supports postgraduate and postgraduate study in accredited institutions.
The International Fellowships Program was originally designed to provide Latin American women with opportunities to study for graduate and postgraduate studies in the United States. The first fellowship was awarded in 1917. The program is now open to women from all over the world, and more than 3,600 women from more than 150 countries of the world have been awarded fellowships at the international level.
Brief AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 description
AAUW is a fellowship award for international students who are women and are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States for full-time study or research in the United States. The opportunity is open to postgraduate and graduate study in accredited universities in the U.S.
The AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 is firmly hosted in the U.S., and all you need to do to be considered for this award is to be a woman and be taking any accredited postgraduate or graduate studies in an accredited university in the U.S
You can discover more international scholarship in USA via the link below:
Eligible Study Level/Field
WE have listed the courses eligible to obtain this graduate and postgraduate fellowship at any of the accredited academic institutions in the United States of America. All you need to do is check if your course is listed below and also follow the application process to obtain this award.
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
The AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 is open to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The fellowship sponsor prioritizes women who are committed to improving the status of women and girls through civic, professional or community services.
General Eligibility Requirements for the AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022
To qualify for AAUW Fellowship, applicants must have to meet the conditions listed below:
- Required language: English
- Eligible countries: all countries in the world except the United States
- Women who have citizenship of a country other than the United States or hold a non-immigrant visa (if residing in the United States). Individuals currently or expected to become US citizens, permanent residents of the United States, or dual citizens of the United States during the fellowship year, are not eligible for the fellowship
- Applicant must have completed a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree (obtained in the U.S. or abroad) by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to work full-time on the proposed academic plan during the year of the fellowship.
- Planning to return to her home country for a career.
- Proficiency in English is required. Unless the applicant can prove that her mother tongue is English (a written declaration is required), she has obtained a secondary school diploma or an undergraduate degree from an English language institution (requires a transcript), or she will have completed a semester of full-time study in November 2019 to November 2021 (requires transcripts) at an English college or university, she must upload the most recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Other English proficiency test scores like IELTS OR other Institutional TOEFL scores are not accepted. Acceptable minimum score: 550 points for the paper-based test on the TOEFL PBT, no later than October 2020; 79 for the Internet-based test on TOEFL iBT, should not be later than November 2019; 60 points for the revised TOEFL paper-delivered exam should not be any later than November 2020.
- Applicants for master’s/first professional degree and doctoral degree interested in AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 must apply to an accredited learning institution during the fellowship year before November 15, 2022, and must indicate the academic institution name on the international fellowship application.
- The Master/first professional degree fellowship are applicable to master or professional degree programs, such as J.D., M.Arch., M.F.A., L.L.M., or M.D., D.D.S., etc. in the medical field medical degrees.
- The fellowships at the doctoral level are for doctoral degrees, such as PhDs. or Ed.D.
- To applying for the postdoctoral level must show proof of a doctoral degree; hold a doctoral degree classified as a research degree (for example, Ed.D., PhD, DBA, DM) or MFA until November 15, 2021; and specify where their research will be conducted.
- During the fellowship, the applicants for master’s degree/first professional degree and doctoral degree must be admitted at a U.S. institution that fully accredited.
- GWI members can study or research in any country/region other than their home country and receive a limited number of awards. Please note that foreign branches of the academic U.S. institutions are considered to be schools outside the united states of America and not eligible to host this fellowship at any level.
- Applicants for the AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 must undertake a full year of study or research. The International fellowship is not awarded for part-time study or research. Study programs that are to end before April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- The master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowship support the traditional classroom learning programs of the college or university. The fellowship program does not provide fellowship for distance learning or online program of study or degrees that is heavily dependent on distance learning mode. AAUW will finally decide what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships
AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2022 Benefits
- The Masters’ students who win this opportunity will receive as much as $18,000
- The Doctoral students who win this opportunity will receive as much as $20,000
- The PostDoctoral students who win this opportunity will receive as much as $30,000
- Provide the following documents for application:
- Three referrals from professors or professional colleagues who are familiar with you, your academic background and your work in pursuing academic goals
- Proof of the highest degree of education.
- Proof of current admission (only for applications currently admitted).
- Proof of an undergraduate degree.
- Proof of a doctorate degree or an M.F.A. certificate (only for post-doctoral applicants).
- Provide an official report of TOEFL test scores or exemption requests.
- Admission letter.
- Pass the qualification test for review by the selection team.
- Complete the application form and other requiremets, then submit.
Application Closing Date
Submission of application and supporting documents are completed online. The application deadline for the 2021-2022 school year is November 15, 2021.
Leave a Reply