The offering of Math and Science Scholarships in 2021 is one of the ways of encouraging students who are good in mathematics and other related Science subject to become their best. This particular math and science scholarship offered by The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation is open for undergraduate students in any science related field.
Core focus of this content includes:
- Math and Science Scholarship Undergraduate
- Math and Science Scholarships 2021
- Math and Science Scholarships 2020 General Eligibility Requirements
- Math and Science Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
Brief Math and Science Scholarships 2021 Description
Students who are interested can only receive only one Math and Science Scholarships in a single year from TGKVF. The winner will be notified by TGKVF by May 15th. The sponsor will sent the full amount of the scholarship money in August. It is valid to the whole academic year.
The check is to be paid jointly to the recipient account and the college, but is sent directly to the recipient of the award .
Any Math and Science Scholarships Fund recipient who dropout from school for reason best known to them will be expected to let the foundation know of his/her status and refund unused fund, i.e. the refundable portion of the science scholarship award.
The Scholarship is available in the US for students studying in any accredited US University or College. Host: US
Eligible Study Level/Field
This scholarship is open to only Undergraduate US students in any science related field of study.
The eligible students from the United States of America, and must be a resident of West Virginia to be eligible for this Science Scholarship.
Math and Science Scholarships 2020 General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant should be a regular student, with 12 credit hours or more.
- Must be a high school senior or older to apply for this undergraduate award.
- Must be a resident of West Virginia to be eligible for this Science Scholarship.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be pursuing a major in math, pure science or any engineering course at any accredited college or university (science shall include chemistry, physics, biology and other scientific fields) to be eligible for the Math and Science Scholarships Fund
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher to be eligible for this science Scholarship.
- Must obtain an ACT of 20 or higher.
- This Science Scholarship is for U.S. students.
Math and Science Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
$1,800 annually, on average. The award is renewable for up to three years if the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements. The student must reapply to be considered for renewability.
The number of awards varies annually. Last year 11 awards were offered. *Please note: Historically, this fund receives approximately 50 applicants each year.
Applications for the Math and Science Scholarships is available online on The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation Website (TGKVF). *Please note: Applications are only accepted through online submission.
The entire application does not have to be completed at one time. Students will create a password so that they may return to complete the application at a later time.
In addition to the application form, the student must submit his/her most recent federal income tax return and grade transcript online.
These documents must be scanned and then attached to the application. Students may apply for up to two Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation scholarships using one application.
The application and additional documents must be received by the deadline date.
Application Closing Date
The deadline of the application has not yet been decided for this year, but is expected to remain the same as other years. Please check back in November when applications are expected to become available.
900 Lee St. East
Charleston, West Virginia 25301
Leave a Reply