In 2022 students from developing countries who want to study in France are advised to apply for the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students 2022.
The Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships can be taken in France. To be able to apply and win this Scholarship, you have to come from a Developing Country studying courses that have something to do with Engineering Sciences, Law Sciences, Economics and Management, and Political Science 2020/2021.
This content will embed the information about the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship for International Students, including the information on how to apply and win the scholarship.
This article will answer questions like:
- What is Eiffel Excellence Scholarships in France for International Students?
- Who is Eligible for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships?
- How can I apply for Eiffel Scholarship in France for International Students?
- When is the Application Closing Date of Eiffel Scholarship 2022?
- Which Country is Eligible for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships in France for International Students?
- Why the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for International students
Brief Eiffel Scholarships in France For International Students Description
Eiffel Excellence Scholarships in France for International Students is a Scholarship offered in France open to International Students from developing countries to study courses in fields relating to law, economics and management, engineering sciences at Masters’ level, and sciences in the broad sense for the Doctorate/PhD level (engineering science, and exact sciences like physics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and biotechnologies, and environmental sciences, Earth, space, information sciences and technologies and communication); and political sciences.
The Scholarship is open to Masters and Doctoral/PhD Students.
Why The Eiffel Scholarship in France for International Students?
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affair established The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program to afford the French higher education institutions the opportunity to attract top foreign students from developing countries and other developed countries to enrol in their masters and PhD programs.
It was offered so as to provide an opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of all sectors, in the priority areas of study, applicants from developing countries at their master’s level, and from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level are encouraged to apply.
It is understood that The Ministry of Foreign Affairs prioritizes candidates from developing or emerging countries and more than everything those who are underrepresented in Universities in France and other higher education institutions.
Students from Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and new members of the EU and the Middle East are given more attention.
The Campus France is a known public institution in France that is in charge of promoting French higher education abroad, and also foresees the welcoming of international students and researchers to France.
It manages scholarship programmes, encourages international mobility and the alumni network.
Campus France embodies the responsibility for encouraging foreign/International students and researcher movement to France. To this end, the agency presents and sets up a good of scholarship programs, from the publication of calls for candidates to the reception in France of the recipient of the programme.
The scholarship is hosted in France. Therefore international students who are interested in applying for the scholarship should, first of all, seek admission to a French institution.
It is only in French universities or academic institutions that one can use the scholarship.
If you are looking for more scholarships in France for international students, then follow the link below:
Eligible Study Level/field
For the Master’s degree programme, students in Engineering program are eligible to apply.
For the PhD program the Scholarship is open in four major fields:
- economics and management
- engineering sciences at Masters’ level.
Sciences in the broad sense for the Doctorate/PhD level.
- engineering science
exact sciences are like:
- Chemistry and life sciences
- Nano and biotechnologies
- Space and environmental sciences
- Information sciences and technologies and communication
- Political science students are also eligible to apply
Also Read: Facts and Misconceptions about Scholarship
Eiffel Scholarship in France for international students is open to International students studying in French Universities or Academic Institutions. Priorities are given to international students from Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and new members of the EU and the Middle East.
Students with France citizenship are not eligible to apply. And also students with dual citizenship one of which is French is eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
Eiffel Scholarship in France for International Students General Eligibility Requirements
The. Following Eligibility Requirements Applies to applicants for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for International Students in France.
- Nationality: This programme is reserved for candidates of non-French origin. i.e students who do not not have French Nationality.
- Candidates with more than one nationalities, and one of them is French, aren’t eligible.
- Age: For master’s level, candidates should be not older than the age of 30 on the date of the 2020 Campaign, that is, students born March 1989.
- At PhD level, candidates must be not older than 35 on the date of the 2019 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1983.
- Origin of applications: It is only the applications submitted by French academic institutions are considered or accepted. These institutions undertake to enroll scholarship holders on the course which they have been chosen for. Applications submitted by other platform or route shall not be accepted or considered to be valid. Furthermore, any candidate who is nominated by two or more than one academic institution shall be disqualified.
- Courses of study: Scholarships are for students wishing to enroll on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Combination with other scholarships: Foreign/international students who during the time of application are already beneficiary of a French government scholarship by another program are not eligible, whether or not the scholarship in question does not have social security cover in its inclusion
- For Eiffel Master Scholarship: Applications will not be accepted for students who previously applied but was rejected, even if the scholarship application is been submitted by a totally different academic institution, or in another field of study. International students who have been awarded and Eiffel scholarship before now at master’s degree level are also not eligible to apply for another Eiffel scholarship at Masters level.
- For Eiffel PhD Scholarship: Institutions are allowed to nominate an individual who previously was awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s degree level for a scholarship at PhD degree level. Candidates who have been awarded an Eiffel scholarship during their PhD level cannot receive another Eiffel Scholarship the second time. Application won’t be accepted for candidates who were once rejected even if the application is submitted by another academic institution or another program of study.
- Language skills: During the time of pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Students undertaking a program or a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
Also Read: 10 Fully-funded Scholarships for International students 2021-2022
Eiffel Scholarships Benefits
- For Master’s level studies Eiffel scholarship includes: A monthly allowance of €1,181 ( which includes a €1,031 maintenance allowance)
- A monthly stipend of €150 which is awarded for 12-36 months.
For PhD level studies Eiffel scholarship includes:
- A monthly allowance of €1,400 which is awarded to the winner for a period of 12 months.
Other Benefits includes:
- International return trip
- National and local transport
- Health insurance, and cultural activities
- Scholarship beneficiaries can also receive an extra housing allowance, it could be possible under certain conditions.
- Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel Scholarship Programme.
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs demands that the academic institutions whose global influence and relevance are enhanced by this scholarship program see that the students get the best financial support.
Students who are admitted to a public academic institution, who are holders of a French government scholarship are exempted from any fees associated with enrollment.
Eiffel Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students 2022 Application Guidelines
Interested applicants cannot apply for the scholarship directly. Applications should be submitted through an academic institution.
To apply for the scholarship you must have been accepted to a program at a higher academic institution for your scholarship application to be considered. It is important that you respect the scholarship academic deadlines.
First-time applicants who are interested to be offered the Eiffel scholarship by the university should indicate it in the “Financial Information” section of their application form of the University and must provide all the required documents.
Please note that it is only when you’re offered an admission that your Scholarship request will be taken into consideration
Institute will select only the applications that it wishes to present to Campus France.
Please note that indicating your interest in the Eiffel grant does not guarantee that the presentation of your Scholarship application to Campus France.
Eiffel Scholarship Application Closing Date
For the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships 2022/2023 academic section.
Opening of the call for applications:
week of October 21, 2021
Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France:
January 9th 2022
Publication of results:
Week of March 23, 2022.
Visit the official website for further information and application through the link provided below.
- 20 Internships for High School Students 2022
- 10 Sure Ways to Get Scholarships for University/College
- List of Global Competitions for Students 2022
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application, Samples / Guidelines
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for ADB Member Countries and Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific 2022
Leave a Reply